Let’s Talk Impact Benefits Agreements (IBA) focusses on the IBA negotiations process and includes information on how to negotiate a basic framework of an IBA and best practices in IBA negotiations strategies.
Key outcomes for the participants include:
- obtaining information on the status of Impact Benefit Agreements between First Nations, companies, and government across the province;
- examining the strategies and foundations of Impact Benefit Agreements;
- reviewing the contents of typical agreements and how to make them work for the community;
- understanding the strategies and requirements of the community in implementing Impact Benefit Agreements; and
- discussing the opportunities presented by negotiation and implementation of these agreements.
Participant engagement in these workshops will be encouraged via lively discussions, active question periods and brief group activities.